Book now and save 10% per person!
Whalewatch Deluxe Ma'alaea
Whalewatch Discount | Ma'alaea
Adults (ages 13+) $85 Children (ages 7 to 12) $42.50
Children (ages 6 and under) - FREE
Approximately 3 hours.
Enjoy a deluxe 3-hour whalewatch plus a delicious lunch onboard while out viewing humpback whales.
Are you looking to spend more time on the water enjoying the humpback whales that visit our Maui waters every year to mate and breed? Then join us on this deluxe 3-hour whalewatch that includes a delicious lunch and is led by certified Marine Naturalists who provide fun and informative interpretation of humpback whale behaviors and characteristics. Moreover, you will be on a 65 foot, double deck powered catamaran with capacity limited to 75 passengers (holds 147), so you will have plenty of room to roam around for the best viewing spots of the humpback whales.
Whale sightings are guaranteed or go again free on another whalewatch of equal or lesser value within one year. We are proud of our 97% sighting success rate.
- Lunch: fresh island fruit, house made chips and salsa, kiawe-smoked pork and chicken sliders, zesty bean salad, roasted garlic hummus and crostini, tomato and basil bruschetta, house made brownies
- Unlimited soda, juice, filtered water, plus three complimentary alcoholic beverages including Maui Brewing Co. beer, wine and tropical cocktails for adults 21+ with valid picture ID (additional adult beverages and refills available for purchase)
- Underwater hydrophones to hear whale songs
- Onboard Jr. Naturalist Program for kids
- Reef Safe Sunscreen – 4 oz. sunscreen in a fully sustainable tube made from sugarcane available for $10 onboard (40% discount).
- Free Marine Wildlife oversize postcards
- Whale sightings guaranteed or go again free
Departs: Multiple days at 12:30 p.m. [December 1 to April 30]
Duration: 3 hours (approx.)
Check-in Time: 45 minutes prior to departure
Check-in Location: Pacific Whale Foundation Ocean Store, Harbor Shops of Ma’alaea (shares the same parking lot as the Maui Ocean Center Aquarium)
What To Bring
• Sunglasses, hat, light jacket recommended.
• Credit card or cash for optional souvenirs and gratuities.
• Affordable rentals of cameras and binoculars
• Snacks and beverages for purchase, including soda and juice.
Reviewed March 6, 2019
Pac Whale Tours are a must on Maui!
Every time we've been to Maui we have taken at least 1 Pac Whale trip and it is always fabulous! This year we did a Whale Watch Deluxe from Ma'alaea and a cocktail sunset cruise from Lahaina and both were excellent. We saw (and heard) many whales, saw spinner dolphins, turtles and flying fish. The naturalists are well educated marine biologists and do a great job educating passengers. The captain went out of his way to be sure our trip was exceptional. Food was outstanding, especially on sunset cruise. Every trip is different so don't assume if you've done 1 it will be the same. Snorkeling trips have always been outstanding as well.
I always like to do my souvenir shopping in the Pac Whale Foundation store - high quality merchandise and I know proceeds go to a great cause.
Thanks PWF for always making our visit to Maui memorable!
Reviewed Feb 26, 2019
3 Hours of Whales!
We have gone on several whale watches with Pacific Whale Foundation, and find them to be the best on Maui. This year we chose to do the Whale Watch Deluxe since it is a 3 hour tour, with only about one-half of the capacity booked to be sure to get excellent views. We were not disappointed. We saw whales from the time we left the harbor until we returned.
We were entertained by at least 3 babies, breaches, and competition pods. The crew was informative and helpful, food was good (and plentiful), and a crew member gave me an insight where to stand to get the best chance for a photo.
All in all, this was money well spent, and it goes to a worthy cause.