This is not your run-of-the-mill Hana tour—it’s called Unique for a reason!
With the Unique Road to Hana, the Full Experience, get ready for an amazing 9-10 hour road trip of a lifetime, filled with fun adventures, waterfalls, surreal beaches, delicious treats, and drop-dead gorgeous views of the Valley Isle.
We take roads that rental cars are not allowed on, and we stop at places larger groups cannot access, so you truly get a “Unique" tour!
Here is what you can expect on the Unique Road to Hana, the Full Experience:
Pick up time: 8:00AM
We pick you up from your hotel or meet in Kahului at 8am—but it’s a private tour, so it’s flexible if you need it to be, just let us know!
Meet at WalMart in Kahului, or free hotel pick-up for Kahului cruise ship passengers, South side properties (Kihei, Wailea, Ma'alaea). Hotel pick-up available for West Side properties (Lahaina/Ka'anapali to Kapalua) for $195 this includes Lahaina cruise ship passengers.
Highlights of the Unique Road to Hana
Depending on what you like to do and the weather and road conditions, your guide will take you either clockwise, “backside” first, or to Hana and back the same way. Either way, have your camera ready and be prepared to be wowed by the views!
Here are a few things you may do on the way:
• hiking through lush rain forest or on windswept dry-lands
• swim in or jump off pristine waterfalls and swimming holes
• taste fresh banana bread, coconut ice cream, fresh tropical fruit, and sample the delicious local food trucks
• admire the rugged lava coastline and explore lava caves
• visit a black, red, or “salt and pepper” beach
• stop at scenic view points, and learn about the environment, history, geology, and legends of the Hawaiian islands
• …and even go say hello to our resident “honu” (turtles) on Ho’okipa Beach
Remember it is YOUR private tour, so talk to your guide about what YOU like and want to do!
We sometimes get wet, muddy, and salty on these tours, but you can stay completely out of the water if you prefer, it's entirely up to you. It is YOUR special day, and all we strive for is to get you back home safe and happy (if a little tired!).
This tour is ideal for couples, friends, families with active teenagers, adventurers, photo enthusiasts, "bucket-listers"…
If you have young children, we recommend the "Best of" Hana or West Maui tours, as they involve less driving time and allow the kids to be more active.