Never has any road exemplified better exemplified the saying “It’s all about the journey, not the destination” than the Road to Hana…
With the Best of Hana tour, you get to experience all that is so attractive and amazing about the famous Road to Hana, with more time for fun and waterfalls, and less driving time.
Here is what you can expect on the Best of Hana tour:
Pick up time: 9:00AM
Depending on your accommodation, we pick you up or meet at 9am—but it’s a private tour, so if you want earlier or later, just let us know!
Once everyone is settled in “Ella,” our luxury SUV, we’ll be on our way to the famous Road to Hana. Have your camera ready at all times and be prepared to be wowed by the views!
Highlights may include hiking through lush jungle and up streams, swim in pristine waterfalls, taste fresh banana bread, scenic view points... and learning about Hawaii's history, geology, and legends... Your tour can be mellow sightseeing, or spent almost entirely hiking up the streams and jumping off waterfalls--it's your call!
Here are a few things you may do on the way:
• hiking through lush jungle and bamboo forests
• swim in or jump off pristine waterfalls
• taste fresh banana bread, coconut ice cream, fresh tropical fruit
• admire the rugged lava coastline and go on a scavenger hunt in the tide pools
• stop at scenic view points and learn about the environment, history, geology, and legends of the Hawaiian islands
• …and maybe go say hello to our resident “honu” (turtles) on Ho’okipa Beach
Remember it is YOUR private tour, so talk to your guide about what YOU like and want to do!
We sometimes get wet and muddy on these tours, but you can stay completely dry if you prefer, it's entirely up to you. It is YOUR special day, and all we strive for is to get you back home safe and happy (if a little tired!).
This tour is ideal for families with active kids (min. 4 yo), couples, groups of friends, adventurers, photo enthusiasts, cruise ship passengers (Kahului harbor)…